Aesthetica is looking for filmmakers who are driving the genre of short film forward through inspirational and innovative works.
Whether you are fresh out of film school or have been making films for years, Aesthetica wants to hear from you. Accepting films in all genres: drama, documentary, music video, satire, comedy and artists’ film.
This award offers the winner and runners-up a fantastic prize package, which will bring your films to a wider audience.
Aesthetica Short Film Competition is accepting films in all genres: drama, documentary, music video, satire, comedy and artists’ film.
- Running times up to 25 mins.
- English language, dubbed in to English or with English subtitles.
- Entries to be submitted by DVD.
- Please include: Director’s name, country of production, running time.
- Plus full contact details including postal address, telephone number and email address.
All winners will be notified by 30 July 2011 and the DVD will be released with the December issue of Aesthetica Magazine.
- £500 first prize.
- Screenings of your film at: Rushes Soho Shorts Film Festival (London), Glasgow Film Festival, Kerry Film Festival (Ireland), Glimmer: Hull International Short Film Festival.
- A weekend filmmaking course courtesy of Raindance.
- 12 months membership to Shooting People.
- Inclusion on a DVD that will go to all Aesthetica readers (60,000 viewers).
- Runner-up & Finalists
- £250 for the runner-up.
- The runner-up and finalists will be included on a DVD that will go to all Aesthetica readers (60,000 viewers).
- The Aesthetica Short Film Competition is open to anyone in the world.
- Please inform Aesthetica if your work has been screened elsewhere.
- Your film must not be in breach of any copyright, including music or sound contained in your entry.
- You may submit more than once.
How to enter?
Visit the competition’s official website and click the ‘Add to Basket’ button to pay the entry fee. Upon receipt of payment, a unique Order Reference number will be automatically emailed to you.
Then, download the entry form and write your Order Reference number on the form, along with the information required, and simply post it with your DVD to Aesthetica Magazine, on the following address.Short Film Competition
PO Box 371
Aesthetica Magazine will be accepting DVDs until 15 May 2011.
An entry fee of £15 is required per film.