The 23rd World Festival of Animated Film – Animafest Zagreb has opened a call for entries for its competition program. Animated feature films completed after 2011 with a running time of 60 minutes or longer are eligible to apply for the competition program.
A Grand prize of 3000 Euro will be awarded to the best feature film in the competition program. Other prizes will be awarded as well.
Animafest Zagreb 2013 is scheduled for 4-9 June 2013, in Zagreb, Croatia.
23rd World Festival of Animated Film – Animafest Zagreb 2013, Feature Film Competition Opens for Entries
World Festival of Animated Film – Animafest Zagreb runs on an annual principle, so that even years are dedicated to short and odd years to feature animated film.
Any animated production realized in accordance with the definition of animation as formulated by ASIFA (“The Art of animation is the creation of moving images through the manipulation of all varieties of techniques apart from live action methods”) meeting the requirements listed bellow, may be entered for competition.
Running time: 60 minutes or longer.
- Over 50% of the production must consist of animated sequences.
- It must be presented in 35 mm, 16mm, Betacam SP PAL, Digital Betacam PAL, HD Cam or DCP format.
- Competing animated features must have been completed in 2011 or after and never previously entered at Animafest.
The following awards will be announced in the 2013 competition program:
- Grand Prize (best feature film in competition) – €3000, festival statue and diploma
- Special Prize at the discretion of the Jury
- Audience Award
- The Festival may permit other Croatian or international organizations or institutions to present their own awards. Should they wish to do so, they must supply the Festival Organizers with their own award regulations, prior to the Festival opening.
Each director whose film is chosen for the official festival competition will be contacted by the festival management for the hospitality arrangements.
A lot more details can be found on the official website.