Applied Arts magazine is accepting digital entries for its Design Awards competition for 2018 and invites work from all around the world.
Th competition is open to all forms of commissioned, published, unpublished and personal work from professionals and enthusiasts created between January 2017 and March 2018. Only digital entries are accepted for this competition.
The Applied Arts Design Awards are your best opportunity to promote your work to an audience of the best and brightest of the industry as well as to potential clients. Over the past 25 years, the Applied Arts Awards have become an international recognition of creative excellence.
For the 2018 competition, entries can be submitted in ten main categories:
- Packaging Design
- Promotional Design
- Editorial Design
- Typography Design
- Typeface Design
- Broadcast Graphics
- Interactive Design
- Young Blood (open to entrants who have been out of school for five years or less)
Applied Arts contests are judged by panels of highly regarded industry professionals and experts in a rigorous process. Every entry is scored independently on creative merit, technical excellence and suitability for end use.
- Their work published in print in the Summer 2018 issue
- A complimentary copy of the Summer 2018 issue
- Their work published online in the Winners’ Gallery and Awards Archive
- Digital tear sheets of their work
- Their work displayed at related Applied Arts events
- A personalized, embossed awards certificate for every winning entry signed by noted designer Georges Haroutiun, the founder of Applied Arts
All entrants will be notified for the results in April 2018 via email. At that time, those selected as winning entrants will be required to submit high-res digital files for reproduction in the Design annual. Winners’ certificates will be mailed separately after the Design annual is published.
Launched in 1992, Applied Arts Awards are the only competition in Canada that recognize work across the visual communications sector, from image makers to advertising execs to designers.
Applied Arts Design Awards 2018 – Fees
For entries in Design, Promotional Design, Editorial Design, Packaging Design, Broadcast Graphics, Typography Design, Typeface Design and Craft:
- Single: $75
- Series (up to 3 pieces): $100
- Campaign (5 to 9 pieces): $150
For entries in Interactive:
- Per Entry: $140