Communication Arts magazine, a professional journal for those involved in creativity in visual communications, announces its 55th annual Photography Competition Call for Entries.
With a paid print circulation of 39,390 and 970,000 unique annual online visitors, Communication Arts reaches the largest audience of designers and art directors who commission photography.
Selected by a US representative jury of distinguished designers, art directors, photo editors and photographers, the winning entries will be featured in the Communication Arts Photography Annual, in print and on the iPad, and on commarts.com, assuring important exposure to the largest audience of designers and art directors who commission photography.
The Communication Arts Photography Competition categories are:
- Advertising: (ads, posters, CDs, packaging, etc.)
- Books: (cover/jacket and/or interior, must be published)
- Editorial: (consumer or trade magazine, newspaper)
- For Sale: (poster, print, note paper, greeting card, licensing/stock, gallery sale, etc.)
- Institutional: (company/association publication, brochures, collateral, etc.)
- Multimedia: (time-based media for film, television, video or web)
- Self-Promotion: (promotion for photographers, creative firms and vendors)
- Unpublished: (commissioned but not published, personal or student work, etc.)
With an acceptance rate of less than 5%, the Communication Arts Photography Competition is the most exclusive major photography competition in the world and inclusion is one of the most-coveted awards in the industry. Successful photographers cite winning the Photography Competition as a milestone in their professional career.
Founded in 1959, Communication Arts is the premier source of inspiration for graphic designers, art directors, design firms, corporate design departments, advertising agencies, interactive designers, illustrators and photographers—everyone involved in visual communication.
Communication Arts Photography Competition 2014 Submission Fees
Single entry submissions for any competition category except Multimedia cost $35 per entry and Series cost $70 per entry. Single entry submissions in Multimedia cost $80 and Series, $160 per entry.
All submissions entered after 14 March 2014 require a $10 per entry late fee!