The 31st Curtas Vila do Conde – International Film Festival is calling for new short films (produced in 2022 or to be produced in 2023) up to 60 minutes in length.
Eligible for submission are animations, documentaries, fiction films, experimental films and music videos, in film (16mm and 35mm) or digital (DCP or video files).
The Festival is very competitive and each year awards are announced in thirteen (13) categories, five (5) of which are international.
Films can be submitted in the following competitions:
- International (fiction, documentary and animation)
- Portuguese (Portuguese films of fiction, documentary and animation)
- Experimental (films that defy narrative and technical conventions)
- Curtinhas (films for kids until 30 minutes)
- Music Videos (music videos for Portuguese bands or artists, or directed by Portuguese authors until 30 minutes)
The 31st Curtas Vila do Conde – International Film Festival is taking place from 8th to 16th of July 2023.
Curtas Vila do Conde is part of the OSCAR® Qualifying Film Festival List. The Grand Prix of the International Competition and the Award for Best Film of the Portuguese Competition are eligible for consideration in the categories of Best Animated/Fiction Short Film (Live Action) of The Academy Awards®, thus eliminating the need to be presented in commercial circuit in the USA, as long as they comply with the competition regulations.
Curtas Vila do Conde 2023 – Film Festival – Submission Fees
The submission fee is 12 EUR by 31st December 2022 and 14 EUR from 1st of January till 28th February 2023.
For entries submitted after 1st of March 2023, the fee is 16 EUR.