The European Fashion Award FASH is an annual competition held by the Stiftung der Deutschen Bekleidungsindustrie (German Fashion Industry Foundation – SDBI) since 2005. Thanks to its tradition, fairness, and authentic industry focus, challenging tasks, international jury and complex selection process to determine the winners from the entered fashions, its refined documentation, as well as the subsequent success of former award winners, FASH has become one of the most important sponsorship awards for fashion design students. The foundation’s goal is to foster talented fashion students.
The European Fashion Award FASH 2012, combined with the Special Award Gore Bike Wear, is looking for sportswear for competitive, endurance or fitness sports combining function and fashion in a groundbreaking design.
The European Fashion Award – FASH 2012 featuring the title “Active – Performance Sportswear” is looking for sportswear for competitive, endurance, training (exercise) or fitness sports (physical activity), combining the best possible function with an appropriate level of fashion, all wrapped up in meaningful and appropriate design. The selection of the sports discipline and skill level – professional or amateur – is the participant’s choice. Simple sportswear, meaning apparel with a sporty look, is not acceptable.
Thanks to its complexity “Performance Sportswear” is a particularly interesting subject for inter-disciplinary projects or collaboration between different segments such as fashion and industrial design, yet also the garment technology sector, as well as textile and communication design.
The European Fashion Award – FASH 2012 is divided into the categories Students and Graduates. All submitted projects satisfying the rules and guidelines for the topic “Active – Performance Sportswear” will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Overall Concept (analysis, strategy, understanding and realization of the topic, target group, interdisciplinary character)
- Innovation/Vision (impulses for sports, level of fashion, pattern innovation, finish, patents, etc.)
- Functionality (mobility, ergonomics, material selection)
- Understanding of the Selected Sport (history, relevance of the design)
- Technical and Design Implementation (sketch quality, presentation, workmanship, fit, colour concept, branding suggestions)
Please consider that the submission deadline is 14 October 2011.
Prizes include photo sessions for all winning collections by a renowned fashion photographer as well as comprehensive communication services. In addition to cash prizes totalling €10,000, there is also an internship at Gore Bike Wear.
Overall, all prizes are valued at more than €80,000.
- The competition targets especially talented design students from all areas of design, in particular from the sectors of fashion, textile and industrial design. The competition is open to students who are enrolled at a European university or fashion institute, in the 4th semester or higher. Students from outside of Europe are also eligible. However, special conditions apply for their participation.
- Entries may include projects by individuals or projects established by interdisciplinary teams (particularly encouraged) and/or in cooperation with companies. Also eligible are final projects, theses and dissertations or bachelor and master projects, if they comply with the scope of the described task and were compiled in 2011. Previously published designs entered in the competition will not be taken into consideration.
How to enter?
Submissions should be delivered to the address below. Please visit the official website or read the Complete Official Rules for further details and guidelines.Stiftung der Deutschen Bekleidungsindustrie
c/o Messe München GmbH
Am Messesee 2
The project to be submitted for the European Fashion Award – FASH 2012 is divided into three parts:
- Documentation of Analysis and Concept
- Presentation Chart
- 1 Outfit