Gorenje, in cooperation with Gallery Velenje and Biennial of industrial design – BIO 22, is performing the open competition for designing smart kitchen accessories, inspired by the simplicity trend.
Authors of awarded solutions will be offered the possibility of purchase and manufacture or the possibility for individual exhibition.
Competition solutions will be presented publicly in Gallery Velenje in November and December 2010.
Gorenje is calling for competition to obtain a design solution for a contemporary, high-quality, distinctive smart kitchen accessories inspired by the simplicity trend.
Gorenje is looking for smart kitchen accessories inspired by the simplicity trend which:
- are used in the kitchen
- are from authentic, quality materials (eco friendly if possible)
- minimalistic form should follow the function (must be extremely useful)
- represent clever, original solution to everyday problems/situations/usage
- respond to cooking trends
- support healthy cooking
- are part of a wider accessory collection with recognizable and distinguishing design elements
- are based on the simplicity trend – easy to use
The jury will evaluate the submitted projects according to the following criteria:
- meeting the general terms of the competition
- artistic clarity, originality
- contemporary design and openness to application diversity
The jury will award 3 prizes. Authors of awarded solutions will be offered the possibility of purchase and manufacture or the possibility for individual exhibition.
Students will be offered the possibility of one month education at GDS (Gorenje Design Studio).
- The competition is public and anonymous.
- The deadline for submitting questions regarding the competition is 10 September 2010.
- The jury will announce the results within 30 days from the submission deadline.
- Works that will not be awarded will be returned to the participants within 15 days after the end of public presentation.
How to enter?
Competition detailed report can be submitted personally or mailed to the following address:Galerija Velenje with description ACCESSORIES / do not open
Titov trg 4
- Detailed reports must be presented on an A3 sheet, horizontally (Kappa 3 mm).
- Each component of the detailed report should be signed with a code in the upper right corner.
- A list of all detailed report components and a sealed envelope with the author’s name and declaration of design originality should be enclosed with the report.
- A special envelope containing the address for returning the project should also be enclosed.