Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation is announcing its annual and international open call for entries 2010 regarding the scholarships (residencies) of the foundation. On offer are on the whole up to 12 scholarships for writers, up to 12 scholarships for visual arts, up to 6 scholarships mixed media and 1 scholarship covering modern music composition (featuring experimental characteristics).
Künstlerdorf Schöppingen was founded in 1989. Contributors of the foundation are the State of NRW, the NRW Foundation Natur-Heimat-Kultur, the Landschaftsverband Westfalen–Lippe, the District of Borken, the Municipality of Schöppingen and the Förderverein Stiftung Künstlerdorf Schöppingen e.V. The Künstlerdorf Schöppingen itself consists of two completely restaured spacious farm buildings, both listed historical moments and both conveniently done up for the stay of visual artists, writers and composers with flats, apartments, studios and working facilities.
- Visual arts, new media, mixed media and multidisciplinary projects
- Literature (including theatre and audio play)
- Experimental music / musical composition
Number of Scholarships
- Up to 12 scholarships for visual arts
- Up to 6 scholarships Mixed Media / New Media and / or projects showing an innovative multidisciplinary response
- Up to 12 scholarships for writers (this includes radio drama, theater; new, experimental ways of writing)
- 1 scholarship covering modern music composition (featuring experimental characteristics)
The maximum residency-period is 4 months.
The monthly scholarship amounts to 1025€.
- Artists and new media artists will send there applications ONLINE only.
- Writers will sent their applications by post.
- Composers will send their applications by post.
Before sending your application, please follow the complete directions given on the official website.