The Love Your Shorts Film Festival in Sanford, Florida, is accepting short films in all genres, with additional, separate categories for films made by students (12th grade and under) and films with Florida connections. Entries cannot exceed 30 minutes, including credits.
Because the short film is a distinct and important art form, the Love Your Shorts Film Festival seeks to encourage, promote and recognize original and creative short films, and present them to viewers at the festival.
Submit your short film! Catch the Early Bird Registration running from August 1 to August 31!
Submit short films in the following categories:
- Animation: any form of animation short
- Comedy: any live-action comedy short
- Documentary: any documentary short except television programs that have been repurposed as short films
- Drama: any live-action short that is not specifically comedy or sci-fi/horror
- Florida Flavor: any film either made primarily in Florida, or made anywhere by filmmakers that are residents of Florida during the film’s production
- Sci-Fi/Horror: any live-action science-fiction, horror or fantasy short
- Student: any film by student filmmakers through 12th grade
The Love Your Shorts Film Festival welcomes short films in any style up to 30 minutes long. The year of production does not matter.
There will be seven award categories plus a judge’s award. The individual categories are:
- Best Animation
- Best Comedy
- Best Documentary
- Best Drama
- Best Florida Flavor
- Best Sci-Fi/Horror, and
- Best Student.
The category award winners will be chosen by audience votes. The best of show will be determined by a panel of judges.
The festival will be held 11-13 February 2011 in downtown Sanford, Florida.
- A film can only be submitted to one category.
- A filmmaker may submit multiple films but is responsible for submitting each individually and paying appropriate submission fee for each film.
- The student category is open to current students through 12th grade. The submitted film must have been created while the director was enrolled as a student.
- This Florida Flavor category is open to films either made primarily in Florida, or films made anywhere by a filmmaker that is a resident of Florida during the film’s production.
- Non-English language films must be subtitled in English or contain minimal dialogue.
- Selected films will be notified by e-mail by 1 January 2011.
How to enter?
If you’re not entering online, print, sign, and mail a copy of the completed form with a check or money order in U.S. funds, and two DVDs of your film to:Love Your Shorts Film Festival
c/o Gene Kruckemyer
608 Elm Ave.
Sanford, FL 32771
Also include the name of the director, key actors/actresses and a film synopsis up to 150 words.
DVDs must be clearly labeled with the film title, running time and contact information (including name, address, phone number and e-mail address).
- Early bird: 1 August 2010 – 31 August 2010
- $20 (Non-WAB members)
- $15 (WAB members, includes $5 discount)
- Regular: 1 September 2010 – 31 October 2010
- $25 (Non-WAB members)
- $20 (WAB members, includes $5 discount)
- Late: 1 November 2010 – 30 November 2010
- $30 (Non-WAB members)
- $25 (WAB members, includes $5 discount)
- Wab extended: 1 December 2010 – 15 December 2010
- $45 (Non-WAB members)
- $30 (WAB members, includes $15 discount)