Transport for London has teamed up with the London Festival of Architecture 2010 (LFA2010) to launch a competition for new illustrations and depictions of London’s skyline.
This is a fantastic opportunity for both new and established designers to create a new iconic London image.
The winning design will be a contemporary version of the London Skyline that celebrates London’s unique architectural heritage and will appeal to both Londoners and London visitors.
Design a contemporary version of the London Skyline that celebrates London’s unique architectural heritage.
Entrants are invited to produce a contemporary image of their view of London’s current skyline.
Entrants can choose any vista of London as long as the architectural scene is clearly identifiable as London and the image displays vibrant, cutting edge design that positively portrays London as an exciting and varied destination.
Entrants are encouraged to use all variety of media and current technologies to create their design to reflect London’s position as a leading design capital city.
First Prize will receive a fee of £1000 (the design fee includes copyright purchase) and have their design reproduced on a selection of merchandise. The second and third prize entrants will be invited to have their designs reproduced on a selection of merchandise for which they will receive a royalty on sales of their products.
The selection of merchandise chosen for each design will be dependant the suitability of the design to each product but will be chosen from a range of products including T-shirts, mugs, ceramics, bags, travel card wallets and posters.
TfL may contact other outstanding entrants to ask permission to publish their designs on the TfL website.
- The competition is only open to entrants aged 18 and over as the winning entrant will have to assign copyright in the design in writing to Transport for London. The winner will need to be able to demonstrate proof of identity and age.
- Staff employed by Transport for London, London Underground Limited, Transport Trading Limited and any of their subsidiaries and their advisers and agents and anyone connected with the organization of this competition is not permitted to enter.
- Each entrant can only submit 1 design.
- The design must be an instantly recognisable London skyline or vista which will appeal to Londoners and visitors to London alike.
- The winner will be required to transfer copyright and any other intellectual property rights existing in the winning design to Transport for London and to enter into such agreement as Transport for London may require to effect this transfer. Transport for London and any member of the TfL Group shall have the right without any further payment to use the winning design in whatever way it sees fit, including the right to modify or alter the winning design.
- The winner will be notified by the 1 June 2010. Please note only the winning entrant will be contacted by Transport for London.
How to enter?
Entrants should e-mail their designs to email@example.com.
The design must be scalable to any size as it will be used across a range of products but please submit initial designs in Jpeg format at 300 dpi in files not larger than 1000 KB size.