The PDN Photo Annual Competition 2012 is open for entries! This highly anticipated photography competition awards excellence in photography annually, in several different categories. Single entries, series as well as video submissions can be entered.
This year PDN is giving away over $15,000 in cash and prizes! The winning entries will be published in the June 2012 issue of PDN Magazine, the award-winning monthly magazine for the professional photographer.
The PDN Photo Annual 2012 is open to anyone from any part of the world.
PDN Photo Annual: The Power of Imaging!
PDN invites you to enter the 2012 photo competition, by submitting entries in the following categories:
- Magazine / Editorial
- Photo Books
- Photojournalism / Sports / Documentary
- Corporate Design / Photo Products
- Stock Photography
- Web Sites
- Student Work
Please consider that late entry fees apply after 25 January 2012.
Here is a brief list of the competition regulations:
- Anyone except employees of Nielsen and their families may enter.
- To qualify, photographs must be taken, published or produced between 1 January 2011 and 25 January 2012.
- Ongoing or in progress projects that contain older images are also allowed.
- You should submit JPEG images saved with max quality compression with a long dimension of at least 1,000 pixels at 72 to 300 dpi.
To enter your submissions electronically, please visit www.pdnphotoannual.com and register. Mailed submissions are also accepted, but only for some categories.
PDN Giving Away Over $15,000 in Cash + Prizes!
The following prizes will be awarded as a part of the PDN Photo Annual 2012:
- The $15,000 Arnold Newman Prize for New Directions in Photographic Portraiture.
- Adobe presents the Breakthrough Photography Award to celebrate artists creating compelling works through digital imaging. An award of $1,000 prize and Adobe® Creative Suite® 5.5 Master Collection will be given to the winner.
- The Marty Forscher Fellowship Fund cash award to one professional and one student winner.
- The Sony Emerging Photographer Award to one emerging photographer who will receive a Sony camera and a $1,000 cash prize..
- Ten winners will receive a Nielsen Photo Group membership which includes; subscriptions to PDN and Rangefi nder magazines, a PDN PhotoPlus Expo Gold Expo Pass, a PhotoServe portfolio and discounts on WPPI and PDN contests.
- PDN Editor’s Choice Award: one winner will receive a full-page self promotion ad in an upcoming issue of PDN.
Winning images will be published in PDN’s June Photo Annual issue which is sent to over 5,000 creatives.
- $45 per single entry
- $55 per series
- $25 for student