Design an artwork that captures the imagination and awareness of the public around the topicality of Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle and share in a total prize pool of $50K USD.
Reminiscence Art and Design Competition is an international award for visual artists and designers. It provides an opportunity to gain international exposure for your work.
The 1st Prize winner will receive $20,000 USD. Up to 10 Runners-up will receive $3,000 USD each. A total of up to 11 artists works will be selected for the exhibition with the first prize chosen as the main piece used for media and publicity.
Lavo invites you to create an artwork that includes at least one of the following:
- Incorporate or explore issues around the use of recycled or recovered material (e.g., Aluminium, Silica) or the repurposing or reuse of retired products or parts.
- Incorporate a lighting element or some form of interplay with lighting.
- For creations that require fabrication such as sculptures, installation or lighting art, a proposal on A. The itemised method of fabrication and B. The itemised estimated production cost is mandatory.
Submissions shall be assessed in no particular order, on the following responses to:
- Innovative interpretation of the competition brief
- Visual or emotional impact and distinctiveness
- Incorporation of brief requirements
- Overall composition
The prize is open to the following artistic disciplines: 2D visual art, sculpture and installations, glass art, photographic art, digital art, lighting art.
Submissions are open now until 12 midnight GMT +11:00 Friday, 31 March 2023.
Winners and runners up will be announced on 30 June 2023.