The aim of the Triennial is to present the most noteworthy achievements of artists all over the world, working in the field of poster devoted to the various performing arts: drama theatre, opera, ballet, operetta, musical, circus, puppet theatre, pantomime, concerts, festivals, variety shows, etc.
The Sixth International Triennial of Stage Poster will be held in October–November 2010 at the National Exhibition Centre of Modern Art – Union of Bulgarian Artists, Sofia, 6 Shipka St.
Submit your posters in the following categories:
- Printed posters for drama theatre, opera, ballet, operetta, musical, circus, puppet theatre, pantomime, concerts, festivals, variety shows, etc.
- Posters on specific themes:
- Gogol and the Stage
The theme is open for posters created for the dramaturgical work and stage productions of works by the great writer Nikolai Vasilievich Gogol (1809–1852), as well as such inspired by his texts.
- The Theatre – That’s Me
The theme burlesques the famous phrase of Louis ХIV, “The State, that’s me,” and at the same time interprets Shakespeare’s celebrated phrase “Life is a stage and we are all actors.” (“All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts…” William Shakespeare, As You Like It)
Every show has authors, participants and spectators. What are we: participants, performers or onlookers? What is our daily play; what is the stage where the action takes place, and what is the theatre where our life passes? The questions suggested by the theme are many, and the answers even more and often contradictory…
- Gogol and the Stage
The posters in Category 1 should be submitted in two copies.
Category 2 is open for printed stage posters or originals created especially for the occasion.
- Grand Prix – statuette GOLDEN POSTER
- Two Equivalent Prizes – a bronze plaque (for each of the two categories)
- Prize for Young Author (not older than 35) – a bronze plaque in memory of the eminent Bulgarian artist Assen Stareyshinski.
- Posters created in the period 30 April 2007 – 30 April 2010 are eligible for the Triennial.
- Minimal format: A2 (420x594mm)
- Each artist may submit up to 4 posters, accompanied by CD (size A5, format .ai, .eps, .tif, .pdf, at 300 dpi resolution, CMYK) with their digital images, a completed participation form and a short CV.
- The organizers bear no responsibility for any damages incurred during transportation.
- The posters remain as property of the Triennial’s Fund after the closure of the exhibition.
- The organizers may photograph and reproduce the posters free of charge for the needs of all printed materials of the Triennial and the publications related to it.
- The organizers reserve the right to reject any work which is not in compliance with the statute of the Triennial, violates moral standards, or offends national or religious sensibilities.
How to enter?
Send your entries to the following address:Sixth International Triennial of Stage Poster – Sofia 2010
6 Shipka St.
Every participant should send their posters properly packed for transportation, without frames or passe-partout, and labeled “Printed Matter. No commercial value“