The Sustainable Thinking Platform is looking for the best photos, essays and videos that can inspire others to embrace sustainability as a way of life.
You will have the chance to win a laptop computer, photographic camera or camcorder depending on the category you are competing in. But that is not the only way you can win.
There are over 2,000 Euros in prizes for the various categories.
Entries can be submitted in three different competitions. You can submit essays, photographs or videos depending on the competition you chose to enter.
The topic of this, first edition of the Sustainable Thinking Platform Multimedia Competition is:
Faced with increasing resource scarcity, how can young people contribute to the promotion of sustainable production and consumption?
- Essay Competition: Each candidate may summit only 1 essay.
- All essays must be written in English.
- Essays must be submitted as an A4 word document with all margins set at 3cm and using 11 point Arial font.
- Essays must be no longer than 1,000 words.
- Handwritten essays or essays presented in any other way will be disqualified.
- Photography Competition: Each candidate may summit up to 3 different photos.
- Contributions must be submitted as .jpeg, .png and .bmp, If you have produced a different file format, please make sure to convert it into one of the above.
- Files must be be at least 640×480 but no larger than 5 MB.
- Photos presented in any other way will be disqualified.
- Video Competition: Each candidate may summit only 1 video.
- If the video contains dialogues or voiceover this must be recorded or subtitled in English.
- If the video contains text, this must be written or subtitled in English.
- Participants will provide a link to their videos hosted on a platform such as Youtube, Vimeo or Dailymontion.
- Videos must be no longer than 3 minutes.
- Videos presented in any other way will be disqualified.
- Essay Competition: Netbook – HP Mini 210
- Photography: Camera – Panasonic Lumix G1
- Video: Camcorder – Panasonic HDC-HS20
The Sustainable Thinking Platform plans to give away a brand new Apple iPad to one lucky person who registers to participate in our Sustainable Thinking Competition before 30 June 2010.
During registration, the members of the community will be able to list a friend as the person how told them about the competitions. Those listed as a referral for the winners will be awarded a €100 gift certificate for Amazon.
- Open to people aged 18 to 30 years old (on the closing date of each edition of the competition).
- Essays, photos and videos must be original, factually accurate, and must not infringe or violate any law or the legal or equitable right of any person or entity; nor contain material that infringes or violates any personal property rights of others; or that constitutes libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, or an infringement of the intellectual property rights of any third person; nor be otherwise unlawful.
How to enter?
Submissions will only be accepted if received via the Sustainable Thinking Platform uploading system. If you’re not already registered, first you’ll have to register to the system, then log in and upload you entries.