It’s time to pick up your camera and pack your travel bag. The 2011 international Travel Photographer of the Year awards (TPOTY) are open for entry, and this year they’re better than ever.
Travel Photographer of the Year (TPOTY) is the photo contest that’s run by photographers for photographers. It’s open to photographers from all countries; amateur or professional, beginner or expert, young or old, we have categories to suit you all! And it’s judged by leading photography experts and offers fantastic prizes, including travel adventures, photographic equipment and photography tuition.
TPOTY is about getting amazing international exposure for your work.
The Travel Photographer of the Year (TPOTY) Awards are after your best travel photographs, which can be submitted in several competition categories.
TPOTY 2011 has four Portfolio categories (Cultures & Traditions, Natural Elements, Exotic and Spirit of Adventure); two single image categories, – One Shot and First Shot; the New Talent category; the Young Travel Photographer of the Year award (with two different age groups) and the Travel Photographer of the Year award.
2012 is a special year for London and for TPOTY. The winning images from this year’s awards will be exhibited at the Royal Geographical Society’s Kensington gallery in the lead up to and during the 2012 Olympic Games.
The prizes for Travel Photographer of the Year 2011 will be announced at the end of June.
- Wherever you live in the world, whether you’re an amateur or professional photographer, and whatever age you are, you can enter TPOTY.
- Entrants may enter any categories that they are eligible for, and may enter as many times as they wish, except for New Talent which can only be entered once.
- To be considered for the overall title of Travel Photographer of the Year you need to enter at least two of the four Portfolio categories.
How to enter?
Submit your entries online on the official website or by post. Entry forms will be available from June 2011.
- The entry fee for each portfolio category is £15.
- The entry fee for New Talent is £20.
- The entry fee for One Shot and First Shot is £10 per category, and Young TPOTY is free to enter.