Several European NGOs are engaged in a long term project called ORA (Observe, Rethink, Act) that aim to aware European citizens on Sustainable Development issues and to promote a sustainable lifestyle through the use of different practical tools (Education, Multimedia, Information and Communication) and the organization of international meetings of activists, volunteers and youth workers. Together with this ongoing on process all the NGOs would like to add the positive “interferences” that artists and artistic works can represent.
The chosen theme for this artistic call is Sustainable Development and especially Pollution of natural elements (Water, Soil, Air), Waste (Reduce, Reuse, Recycling), Renewable energy sources, Mobility, Critical consumption, Quality of life.
Imagine and picture the future of our world if the industrialization and crazy and unfair development keep the same rate and rhythm as today. Feel free to state your opinion, to offer a solution, to send a warning or just to document some difficult environmental situation in yours or someone else’s area.
Submit your entries in the following categories:
- Graphic Arts/Computer Graphics
- Short Movie
- Documentary Film
- Video Art
- Animated Films
The productions selected will be presented in:
- Banja Luka (Bosnia Herzegovina) from 22nd till 29th April 2010
- Vasto (Italy) from 27th June till 4th July 2010
- Liege (Belgium) from 21st till 28th August 2010
During the 3 events, the artistic works will be exhibited in the public spaces of the cities (galleries, streets, bus stations, night clubs, pubs, eco-center, schools, fast food). A devoted web page will be created in order to collect all the artistic works and give more visibility to them. Moreover, some of the young artists selected will be invited to be part of the international meetings for the opening of the expositions.
The events will represent an important moment of inclusion and cooperation involving many Euro-Mediterranean countries. It will be a window open on different cultures, languages and lifestyles, the concrete opportunity for promoting dialogue and the youth artistic flair.
- The selection is open to all the young artists from 18 to 40 years old.
- The selection of participants will be carried out by juries of art critics and experts in different areas.
- After selection of work, you will have to provide photo/scan of the work in at least A4 format 300dpi.
- Comics must be black and white, 11 x 38 cm format, 300 dpi scan.
- After selection of work, you will have to provide a DVD of your film, video or animation.
How to enter?
Download your participation form and submit it to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com together with artistic works (including title), short biography, CV, contact and website.