Rings & Things invites you to show your favorite handmade designs. Designs don’t have to be jewelry – they can be anything! Winning entries (with credit to the designer) could be featured in Rings & Things catalog & promotions – that’s exposure to more than a million people a year, worldwide!
You can turn around and use this for “as seen in” promotions of your own.
Your main concern is creating beautiful jewelry in the following categories:
- Glass & Crystal: Designs focused around glass, seed beads, E-beads, fiber optics, Cosmic Crystal™ and/or CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements.
- Gemstones: Designs focused around gemstone and/or pearl beads and pendants. Stones can be natural, enhanced or manmade.
- Mostly Metal: Designs focused around chain, wirework, chainmaille, metal beads, charms, filigrees, cloisonné and/or findings.
- Metal Clay: Designs focused around Art Clay™ Silver and/or Art Clay Gold.
- Found Objects & Miscellaneous: Designs focused around natural materials, ceramics, recycled parts, trade beads, resin, cording (like leather or rubber) & Friendly Plastic®.
Winners will be contacted individually by email (or postal mail) approximately the first week of June.
- Grand Prize: $750 R&T gift certificate
- Category First-Place Prizes: $250 R&T gift certificates
- Honorable Mentions: $75 R&T gift certificates
Grand-prize winner will be selected from first-place category winners.
- Entry must be an original work for which you retain all rights, and which you have the legal right to submit to us.
- Entry must be a newly-made creation (made since March, 2009).
- Piece may not be currently entered in another competition or have won any contest in the past.
- Entry must be primarily made from items purchased or available from Rings & Things, with the exception of found objects and parts you have made (handmade glass or ceramic parts, wood carvings, etc.). See Your Designs Rock! frequently asked questions if you’re unsure about what materials you can use or which category you should enter.
- 2009 winners may not enter a category in which they won first place during 2009. You are, however, encouraged to move out of your “comfort zone,” expand your creativity and enter a different category in 2010!
- Entrants under 18 years of age must provide a parent or legal guardian co-signature on a print version of their entry form, ensuring that all guidelines have been read and agreed upon.
- Limit three entries per person or design team.
- Incomplete entries and entries that do not follow these guidelines and our image requirements will be disqualified from judging and disqualified from our Early Bird drawing and New Entrant drawing.
- Rings & Things employees are not eligible for “Your Designs Rock!”
How to enter?
You can enter using our online entry form or you can complete and mail-in our printable entry form on the following address:
Mail to:Rings & Things
Attn: YOUR DESIGNS ROCK!
P.O. Box 450
Spokane WA 99210-0450
Ship to:Rings & Things
Attn: YOUR DESIGNS ROCK!
304 E. 2nd Avenue
Spokane WA 99202