The call for film submissions for the 17th DC Shorts International Film Festival and Screenplay Competition is now open.
Do you have an interesting, original story about developed, well-written characters? If so, then you are a good fit for DC Shorts.
All accepted films will be screened during the festival and a total of seven (7) awards will be announced in different competition categories.
Films from 30 seconds to 40 minutes, in all genres and styles, can be submitted. The spotlight is on truly independent short films created around the globe.
The following awards will be announced during the 2020 DC Shorts Film Festival:
- Outstanding US Narrative Short
- Outstanding International Narrative Short
- Outstanding Animated Short
- Outstanding Documentary Short
- Outstanding First-Time Director
- Outstanding Local Film
- Audience Favorite Awards
DC Shorts International Film Festival and Screenplay Competition is an award-winning, internationally recognized film festival held every September in Washington, D.C. The 2020 Festival is scheduled for 10–19 September, 2020.
In 2019, the festival received over 1,300+ submissions from 100 countries, and screened 156 films from 36 countries in 30 unique showcases over 10 days to audiences of more than 9,000 people.
17th DC Shorts Film Festival and Screenplay Competition – Entry Fees
- $45 — Earlybird Deadline — 31 December 2019
- $60 — Regular Deadline — 28 February 2020
- $70 — Late Deadline — 31 March 2020
- $85 — Extended Deadline — 30 April 2020