The 10th annual Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest has recently opened for entries for 2024.
The annual competition is organized by Rossiya Segodnya media group to discover young talent among photojournalists aged 18 to 33. Sputnik news agency and radio is its international media partner.
The top prize is 700,000 rubles ($7,588). The first, second and third places in the contest will fetch 125,000 rubles, 100,000 rubles and 75,000 rubles, respectively.
The Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest aims to support young photographers and draw public attention to the challenges of photojournalism today. It is a platform for young photographers — talented and sensitive individuals open to all things new — to highlight people and events near us.
Submitted photographs must have been taken after 1 January 2023. In exceptional cases, series of photographs started in previous years are accepted. In such case, the last photograph of the series must have been taken in 2023 or 2024.
The 2024 contest will showcase the following categories for which young photographers can vie for awards:
- Top News — Important events in the life of individuals and nations as a whole: major political and social events; reports from war zones and places struck by natural disasters; decisive moments in people’s lives
- Sports — For captured moments in sport: victories of athletes and dramatic losses; daily sports training; the beauty of sports competitions
- My Planet — Reflecting the entire multicolored palette of topics and images from all over the world. The author’s task is to show an everyday life kaleidoscope in its timeless beauty and harmony, uniting scenes from everyday life; the life of big cities and small towns; nature pictures; ethnographic and religious holidays
- Portrait. A Hero of Our Time — Individual or group portraits of people. Photos can be documentary and posed
- Top View — Single photographs taken from a bird’s eye view. Photographs can depict plants and animals, city life, people, moments from everyday life and sporting events, and abstract imagery
Entries can contain a single photograph or series of no more than 12 photographs. Minor cropping, or balance (white balance) or density (brightness, contrast) correction is acceptable. Framed images, collages, photos that have been significantly photoshopped, with parts of the image edited, deleted or replaced with a different image, will not be accepted.
The Sports and Top View categories are only open for single entries.
The Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest was established on 22 December 2014 by Rossiya Segodnya under the patronage of the Russian Federation’s Commission for UNESCO.
Please visit the official website for further information.
No Entry Fee!
It's free to enter.