25 FPS is looking for works that explore conceptual and technological possibilities of the medium; works that relate to the tradition of experimental and avant-garde film making in an innovative way; works that reveal new forms of the moving image.
Members of the international jury (3) will give three equal cash prizes. Each member of the jury will give one prize. Each prize amounts to €500.
25 FPS International Experimental Film and Video Festival is organized by the 25 FPS Association for Audio-visual Research in Zagreb, Croatia, supported by the City Office of Education, Culture and Sports City of Zagreb, Croatian Audiovisual Centre and the Student Centre University of Zagreb.
Submit your film that satisfies the following requirements:
- Short experimental film and video up to 20 minutes.
- Works which explore conceptual and technological possibilities of the medium.
- Films or videos that relate to the tradition of experimental/avantgarde filmmaking in an innovative way.
- Works that reveal new forms of the moving image.
Three Jury Prizes – Members of the international jury (3) will give three equal cash prizes. Each member of the jury will give one prize. Each prize amounts to €500.
- Film Critics Award
- Fuji Award
- Audience Award
The Festival organizer will send the award to the winning author or producer’s address. The Festival organizer will consult them for the precise instructions considering money award transfer.
- Films completed after 1 January 2008 are eligible.
- Max running time should be 20 minutes.
- All countries of production are eligible.
- Genres accepted: Experimental
- Accepted screening formats for the selected works: 35 mm film, 16 mm film, Digital Betacam PAL, Betacam SP PAL, HDCAM. PLEASE NOTE: only PAL is accepted for the competition screening!
- Festival Committee will contact the authors of selected films in July 2010.
- Screening copy must be in Zagreb by 10th of September at the latest.
- It is required to send 4 or more stills in high resolution JPEG format (300 dpi) – preferably together with a preview DVD on a separate press kit CD.
- All master tapes and film prints will be returned within two weeks after the Festival’s ending at Festival’s expense to the address stated in the entry form together with the Festival’s catalogue. In case of loss or damage during the period between receipt and return, the responsibility of the Festival is limited to covering the costs of replacement of the print. Any complaint regarding the condition of film prints must be made within 30 days after the date of their return shipment.
- All preview DVDs submitted for the Competition will automatically be available at the video library for the professionals. If the author doesn’t want his/her work to be available in the library, he/she has to specify it at the end of the printed and signed application form.
How to enter?
Submit your entries through shortfilmdepot.