2ANNAS is a non-profit independent international short film festival featuring creative shorts produced by young professional independent filmmakers, film school students, graduates and experimental film projects worldwide. Begun in 1996 as modest film screenings of experimental shorts for youngsters and kids, 2ANNAS has grown into an international event seeking innovative ideas and fresh cinematic solutions from all around the world.
The festival’s objective is to promote non-commercial cinema.
2ANNAS 2010 International competition is open to contributions by filmmakers of all national representations, produced by individuals, international film schools, film studios etc. (with film directors aged 20-35)
Submit your films and videos to the 2ANNAS 2010 International competition.
All films and videos of all genres not exceeding a length of 30 minutes. Director’s age must be 20-35. In exceptional cases festival reserves the right to accept films of longer duration are admitted.
Please, prepare following material before filling the entry form:
- Synopsis of the film in English;
- A complete list of dialogue if available (if the work is in English or Latvian);
- English subtitles (if the work is in another language than English or Latvian);
- At least 1 photo (jpg).
The winners will be announced on festival’s web-page and contacted by e-mail shortly after the festival.
The winner of International Competition 2010 will be awarded with:
- €2000, and
- “Golden Anna” Statuette from festival’s Generalsponsor HANNU PRO.
- Any filmmaker, producer, organization or other party can submit films to the festival.
- Films must have been completed on 1 January 2008 or after.
- Films which have been shown or awarded at other international film festivals are allowed to compete.
- Required format for preview copy is DVD.
- One film can be submitted to one prior competition.
- The selection committee reserves the right to select film in another competition program (in this case festival will inform the person submitting the film).
- You can submit more than one film to all of the competition programs.
How to enter?
To enter a film, please follow given guidelines:
- Fill the entry form online and submit it through festival’s web-page;
- Information will be registered in festival’s data base. You will receive a filled entry form in print format to the e-mail address you have provided;
- Print the completed form, sign it and send it along with a preview copy of the film to the address below:
Annas Street 2,
Remember to mark all the dispatches: “For temporary, cultural purposes only. No commercial value.”