Applied Arts magazine is calling for entries for its Photography Awards competition for 2019, open to photographers from all parts of the world.
The contest is international and open to all forms of commissioned, published, unpublished and personal work from professionals and enthusiasts created between January 2018 and January 2019 (but not entries that have been submitted into last year’s competition).
Applied Arts magazine is Canada’s leading voice for visual communicators, so being published as a winner is your best opportunity to promote your work across Canada and beyond.
For the 2019 Photography Awards, entries can be submitted in six main categories:
- Young Blood Photography
- Young Blood Motion
- Community Motion
Community Awards categories are only open to work done by and for Canadians. Young Blood categories are only open to works produced by entrants who have been out of school up to three years.
Each competition is judged by a different and independent jury of award-winning creative professionals. Winning entries are not ranked and there is no pre-determined quota of winners. So if the jury votes you in, it means your work will be published in one of the Awards Annuals.
- Their work published in print in the Spring 2019 issue of Applied Arts
- A complimentary copy of the Spring 2019 issue
- Their work published online in our Winners’ Gallery
- Digital tear sheets of their work
- A personalized, awards certificate for every winning entry signed by Georges Haroutiun, the founder of Applied Arts
- Their work displayed at related Applied Arts events
All entrants will be notified in February 2019 via email. Winners’ certificates will be mailed separately after the Photography & Illustration Annual is published.
Applied Arts Photography Awards 2019 – Fees
The early bird deadline is 25 January 2019. All entries submitted after 25 January 2019 cost more.
- Single: $50 / $60
- Series: $75 / $85
- Complete Single: $100 / $110
- Complete Series: $140 / $150
- Short (under 3 minutes): $125 / $135
- Long (3 minutes or more): $140