Art of Emotion invites you to follow the general concept of the “Righteous among the nations” and to freely interpret and visualize various emotions that arise from the set theme. Subjects of photographs do not necessarily need to be Jews, nor do the photographs need to include any Jewish symbolism. The photographs in the exhibition will be for sale and the author of the best photography, selected by the panel, will be awarded with all funds generated from the sales.
Photography technique is b/w or color, shot using digital or analog methods. The contest is free of charge and is open to all photographers, professionals and amateurs. Each photographer can participate with maximum 3 photographs.
In its fourth year, the Jewish Film Festival (JFF) is being organized from May 23 29 to 2009. The venue is Cinema Europa, Zagreb. The manifestation is led by Mr Branko Lustig, a double-winner of the prestigious Oscar film award, who, as festival president, fully supports the vision and mission of this project. The theme of the upcoming festival is dedicated to the Righteous among the nations and the aim is to emphasize the value of humanity and human kindness by promoting respect and understanding between people of all ages and nationalities. JFF is very well recognized among the general public; it enjoys a positive reputation and is strongly positioned within the Croatian cultural scene. The festival is under the patronage of the City of Zagreb and general media sponsorship is provided by Jutarnji list.
In order to additionally highlight the theme of the festival, BLUR magazine, in cooperation with association Contemporary Jewish Film Festival Zagreb, will organize an international photography exhibition entitled Art of Emotion.
Follow the general concept of the “Righteous among the nations” and freely interpret and visualize various emotions that arise from the set theme.
The best 20 photographs, selected by the official panel, will be shown:
- in an exhibition Art of Emotion in the lobby of Cinema Europe during the film festival
- in special Blur magazine edition on the exhibition.
Author of the best photography, selected by the panel, will receive all funds raised through sales of photographs during the exhibition.
- Photographs have to be sent in web resolution of 72dpi
- 1000 pixels along the longer side of the photograph
- Jpeg format
- B/W or Color photography
- If the photography is shot in analog, it is necessary to submit it in a digital form.
- Name of photography: name-surname-number
Eg. Ivan-Ivanic-1; Ivan-Ivanic-2; Ivan-Ivanic-3
- Photograph(s) numbered 1-3
- If your photograph is selected among the best 20, we will contact you directly so that you can send a high print resolution (minimum 3000 pixels/300 dpi) in order to exhibit and publish it in all additional promo materials.
How to enter?
Enter this contest by using the official submission form available on the official website.