[AC-CA] is inviting all architects to enter another new open international competition, created with the intention to generate progressive contemporary design ideas for a New Sustainable Market Square in Casablanca, Morocco.
This is a single stage Competition with the aim of identifying the most appropriate proposal, which best satisfies the general and specific objectives of the contest.
Winning participants will receive prizes totaling US $6,000 and there will also be 7 honorable mentions. The first three winning entries will also be published in 8 popular architecture magazines.
Design A Sustainable Market Square for the City of Casablanca
The aim of this International Competition is to design a New Sustainable Market Square in Casablanca. The architecture of this new Structure should reflect contemporary design tendencies. The proposal must not only attend to the specific function but the design should also take into consideration the urban insertion and its impact.
Casablanca is a young and dynamic city in Morocco with a population estimated at approximately 4 million habitants. It is the largest city in the Maghreb and the fourth largest in Africa. It is also an important business hub with 60% of the country’s economic activities.
Through this competition [AC-CA] hopes to achieve the following:
- Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of designing an original market.
- Create a new contemporary social space where locals can meet and shop.
- Generate the discussion and ideas about the functionality of community and street commerce.
- Meet the requirements of Green Architecture.
- Experiment with innovative materials.
Make sure you visit [AC-CA] for further info, through the Official Website link below.
- Early Bird Registration: US$ 80 from 15th July to 31st August 2012
- Late Registration: US$ 120 from 1st September to 31st October 2012