The aim of the [HONG KONG] Alternative Car Park Tower International competition is to design an iconic and Alternative Car Park Tower in the heart of Hong Kong. This is an open international competition hosted by [AC-CA] to generate progressive contemporary design ideas.
The new tower will include several possibilities for events such as concerts, art exhibitions, fashion shows, ceremonies dinners, cinematic projections, etc.
Architects, Engineers and Students are eligible. Interdisciplinary teams are also encouraged to enter the competition. There are cash prizes for competitors finishing first, second and third.
The architecture of this new building should reflect contemporary design tendencies, standing out for its uniqueness as a car park design, while meshing in with the surrounding Hong Kong urban tissue. The [HONG KONG] Alternative Car Park Tower competition hopes to achieve the following:
- Encourage and reward design excellence on a large scale, which integrates function, structure, details, etc.
- Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of designing an original car park incorporat- ing an alternative program.
- To generate the discussion of ideas regarding car park security and all the phobias associated with it such as fear of dark, dirty, cold, etc.
- Encourage the employment of sustainable design in all aspects of the proposal.
Entries will be evaluated based on the following 5 main criteria:
- Intelligent and appropriate use of all design principles.
- Use of space and perceive traffic flow within the space.
- The Design’s aesthetics and originality.
- The use of sustainable material.
- Clarity and comprehensibility of the design.
This is an open international competition hosted by [AC-CA] to generate progressive contemporary design ideas. There are no plans for the Alternative Car Park Tower to be built.
Winning participants will receive prizes totaling US $5,400 with the distribution as follows:
- 1st Prize: US $3,000
- 2nd Prize: US $1,600
- 3rd Prize: US $800
There will also be 7 honorable mentions
- The [HONG KONG] Alternative Car Park Tower International Competition is open to anyone aged 18 and over.
- Entrants may either make a submission individually or as a team (4 people max.).
- Competition entrant are prohibited from sale, assignment or transfer of any of their submission rights a third party.
- Student entrants would be required to proof their status for any student only competitions and the same would be true for professional only competitions should the submission be selected as one of the winning entrants.
How to enter?
- Early Bird Registration: US $80 from 1st July to 12th August 2011
- Late Registration: US $120 from 13th August to 15th October 2011