What do you get when you combine forward-thinking designers and architects with the leading manufacturers of tile? Why don’t you show us? The Italian Trade Commission and Confindustria Ceramica, the Association of Italian Ceramics, are proud to announce the 2010 Ceramic Tiles of Italy Design Competition Call for Entries. The competition, now in its 17th year, recognizes the exceptional work of North American architects and designers who feature Italian ceramic tiles in their institutional, residential or commercial/hospitality spaces.
Commercial, Residential or Institutional new construction or renovation projects completed within the past 5 years are eligible. Projects can be domestic or international.
Winners in each category will receive a cash prize of $5,000 and a five-day trip to Bologna, Italy to attend CERSAIE 2010 – the world’s largest exhibition for ceramic tile and bathroom furnishings – joining a delegation of top consumer and design journalists.
Ceramic Tiles of Italy will award an additional $1,000 to be shared by the winning contractor/distributor team.
- The competition is open to all North American architects and interior designers.
- Domestic and international new construction and renovation projects completed between January 2005 and January 2010 are eligible for entry.
- There is no limit to the number of accepted entries.
- A panel of design experts will judge the projects based on their creativity, functionality and aesthetic appeal.
- The official criterion for the jury includes: overall design of the project, innovative use of tile, tile design, quality of installation, degree that tile enhances the setting and the project’s sustainable attributes.
How to enter?
Fill out the official submission form. You will be given a unique #ID number associated with each registration, shortly after the registration process. Use the #ID to upload a ZIP file containing at least three project images.