Enter the most prestigious competition for creativity in photography, the Communication Arts Photography Competition — now open for entries for 2022.
Any photograph, originating from any country, first published or produced from March 2021 through March 2022 is eligible.
Selected by a nationally representative jury of distinguished designers, art directors and photographers, the winning entries will be distributed worldwide in the Communication Arts Photography Annual, in print and digital editions, and on commarts.com, assuring important exposure to the creators of this outstanding work. As a service to art directors, designers and art buyers, a comprehensive index will carry contact information of the photographers represented.
Each winning entrant will receive a personalized Award of Excellence and award certificates issued for firms, individuals and clients.
New for 2022: Up to five Best-in-Show winners will receive a special trophy, plus extended editorial coverage in the Annual.
CA’s Award of Excellence is one of the most-coveted awards in the industry. If chosen, winning places you in the highest ranks of your profession.
Communication Arts 2022 Photography Competition categories are:
- Advertising: ads, posters, music and product packaging, etc.
- Books: covers, jackets, interiors, etc.
- Editorial: consumer or trade magazines, newspapers, etc.
- For Sale: posters, prints, greeting cards, licensing/stock, gallery sale, online store, etc.
- Institutional: company/association publications, annual reports, catalogs, client websites, blogs, etc.
- Motion/Cinematography: time-based media for film, television, video or web, etc.
- Self-Promotion: promotion for photographers, design firms, ad agencies, art schools, printers, paper companies, etc.
- Unpublished: experimental/personal work not published.
- Student Work: photography or cinematography projects created for school assignments.
Communication Arts 2022 Photography Competition – Entry Fees
- $40 single print entry / $80 print series
- $90 single video entry / $180 video series
- $20 single student print entry / $40 student print series / $45 single student video entry / $90 student video series
Entries registered after 4th March 2022 require a late fee of $10 per entry.