Communication Arts magazine is currently accepting entries to the 2024 Interactive Competition — the most prestigious design competition for interactive media.
Any project — interface design, educational and entertainment program, interactive product display or application — created for digital distribution on Desktop, interactive installation, handheld device, online service or the World Wide Web is eligible.
Selected by a representative panel of distinguished developers, interface designers and creative directors, the winning entries will be distributed worldwide in the Communication Arts 2024 Interactive Annual, in print and digital editions, and on commarts.com, assuring important exposure.
The 2024 Interactive Competition categories include:
- Websites/Microsites: websites used for any purpose (including advertising, news, e-commerce, education and entertainment that utilize browser-based technologies).
- Social: social network applications, extensions and games designed for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Desktop: apps, widgets, branded experiences and games designed to run locally on Mac or PC desktops/laptops.
- Mobile: apps, mobile-optimized websites, games and location-aware services designed for iPhone, Android, Windows, etc.
- Tablets/Handheld Devices: apps, games, e-books, digital publishing and interactive sales presentations designed for tablets and handheld devices other than mobile phones.
- Environmental: interactive installations, kiosks, tables, in-store/window displays, out-of-home experiences, tradeshow and museum exhibits, corporate showrooms, etc.
- Other Interactive Media: any projects not covered in previous categories where interactivity is integral to the user experience.
- Student Work: any interactive projects created for school assignments.
Each winning entrant will receive a personalized Award of Excellence and award certificates issued for firms, individuals and clients.
CA’s Award of Excellence is one of the most-coveted awards in the industry. If chosen, winning places you in the highest ranks of your profession.
Communication Arts 2024 Interactive Competition – Entry Fees
The entry fees for Communication Arts’ 2024 Interactive Competition range from $100 to $125 ($30-45 for Student Work).
Entries submitted after 13th October 2023 require a late fee of $10 per entry.