The Martina and Martin Růžička foundation, in collaboration with Univerzita Tomáše Bati ve Zlíně, has recently opened registration for the Design Talent 2016 international contest of student design.
The intention is to award exceptional student works from the field of design, including Industrial, Product, Art, Fashion and Communication design.
More than 10,000 Euro will be awarded to the best young designers from around the world. The best contest proposal will be awarded with 4,000 Euro. Other special prizes and honorary appreciation will be announced as well.
Submissions will be awarded in the following competition categories:
- Industrial design (design of machines and equipment, design tools, transportation design, etc.)
- Product design (large series product design, interior design and furniture, etc.)
- Art design (low-volume product design, architectural design, conceptual and critical design, design glass, porcelain design, ceramics design, etc.)
- Fashion design (clothing design, textile design, design footwear and accessories, jewelry design, etc.)
- Communication design (graphic design and illustration, new media, visual communication and intermedia, web animation, etc.)
Last year, the Design Talent contest received a record number of 633 submissions and awarded 14,000 Euro. The 2016 Award ceremony is scheduled for 29 April 2016 at the Congress Centre in Zlín, Czech Republic.
Design Talent 2016 is for everyone who is under 30 years old. Individual or group entries can be submitted.