Gyeonggi Creation Center (GCC) supports creative works and research for domestic and foreign artists through an art residency alongside a wide range of programs and facilities, including art studios, exhibitions, local collaboration, international exchange, education, artwork storage, workshop, and international summer festival.
GCC acts as a platform to gather artists from all over the world for international exchange, to share a nomadic spirit, and as an experimental and progressive contemporary art center to collectively engage and cultivate creative synergy among artists of various genres.
Prepare an application for:
- Creative Residency Program: Artists in visual and media arts
- Research Residency Program: Curators, Art Theorists, and writers
- Long term residency: 1 year (8 – 10 artists, curators or theorists)
- Short term residnecy: from 1 to 6 months (30 – 40 artists, curators or theorists)
Session: March 2010 – February 2011
- Private Studio and Living quarters
- Stipend (\500,000/month) for living expenses
- Airfare for foreign residents
- Applications sent by post must be postmarked by 31 December 2009.
- No limitation of age, nationality, or gender.
- This residency is open to domestic and foreign artists in visual and media arts, curators, art theorists, and writers.
How to enter?
- Application form
- CV or resumé
- A project description of intended activity during the residency
- Work samples (CD/DVD): maximum 20 images or 5 minutes of video
- Copy of passport or I.D Certificate