IIDA Student Sustainable Design Competition is an international search for intelligent design. It has always been the vision of IIDA to lead the way for the next generation of interior design innovators.
The IIDA Student Sustainable Design Competition is open to individuals who are currently enrolled in an interior design or related college program. You may also enter the competition if you have graduated, but are not yet employed.
Do you have a sustainable design project? Enter this competition and you could win one of the three amazing prizes!
You are able to upload up to 4 images of your sustainable design. These images can include one floor plan. You can also submit text describing your project to better explain your design to viewers, voters and judges.
Upload 3-D renderings, color drawings, CADD, Revit – or any combination of these.
The finalists will be judged on the following criteria:
- The originality and creativity of the entry and the depicted space (50%);
- How well the depicted space evokes or embodies interior design aesthetic and sustainable design (40%);
- Ranking of entry in public voting (10%)
- Grand Prize: $2,000 cash prize, a special feature on the IIDA Student blog, www.iida.org and a spotlight in the IIDA “Hire Me” campaign.
- First Place winner: $1,500 cash prize and will also be featured on the IIDA Student Blog and on www.iida.org.
- The post with the most votes will win $1,000 and a free IIDA Student Membership valid for one year.
- The IIDA Student Sustainable Design Competition is open world-wide excluding residents of Quebec, Cuba, Iran, Myanmar (Burma), North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
- The IIDA Student Sustainable Design Competition is open to individuals who are currently enrolled in an interior design or related college program. You may also enter the competition if you have graduated, but are not yet employed.
- If project submitted was created as part of a team effort, all team members must enter together and pay entry fees (up to 4 team members), and consent for entry must be approved by all team members.
How to enter?
To enter, you must electronically submit an entry consisting of the following:
- Follow the links below to pay your entry fee.
- Upload 4 images and of your most creative sustainable design project.
- Provide a headline, title and description for the uploaded photographs to help judges and viewers understand your sustainable solution. You may also include a single description describing your project in a maximum of 500 words to be placed under the first of your images.
- Provide your legal name, a valid mailing address and a valid email address for contact purposes.
The entry fee is $10 for IIDA student members and $20 for non-members.