“Life Just Is”, an independent feature film, completed shooting in November 2010 and is currently in post-production.
To uphold the themes and philosophy of the film, which include life after university, career and collaboration with social media, the producers have opened up the design of the lead poster to university students and recent graduates keen to add real-life experience to their CV. This is a unique competition that aims to generate positive attention and promotion for both the film and the people who enter.
This is a great opportunity for design students to work ‘in the real world’ prior to graduation and to have their work showcased in a professional forum.
“Life Just Is” is an independent feature film currently in post-production. Design a poster to represent the film in your own interpretation.
- Entries should be sent as JPEGs and consist of an approximate 3:4 ratio.
- Posters can be submitted as either landscape or portrait designs, with a file size of no larger than 10MB.
Selected designs will be featured on social media for Life Just Is: Blog, Website and Facebook. For a two-week period fans will be able to vote on Facebook for their favorite poster, in order to select a shortlist of three posters. Meanwhile, a panel of industry experts will also select a shortlist of three posters.
Life Just Is Judges will select the winning poster from the shortlisted entries. This poster will be used for marketing the film and potentially for the DVD cover. The student will be credited for their design.
All poster entries will be compiled into an e-book (with all names credited). This will be promoted amongst the film’s followers.
- The Life Just Is poster design competition is open to all design students and graduates.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or over on the date of their submission to be eligible for the competition.
- Entrants may submit multiple entries, but may only submit each individual entry once.
- Successful entrants will be notified via email, and provided with a link to a Dropbox full of marketing materials: jpegs, info on the film etc.
How to enter?
Applicants must enter the competition by completing the entry form and returning it to postercompetition [at] lifejustisfilm.com (please replace [at] with @).