Sony Pictures, the United Nations Foundation and the World Photography Organisation came together to reward creatives interpreting environmental and social concerns of our time through video. By focusing on eight of the Sustainable Development goals, Picture This champions a positive future.
Picture This is a global competition that encourages creative video projects championing the protection and preservation of the environment. Set up to reward creatives interpreting environmental and social concerns of our time, Picture This calls all video-makers to raise awareness and inspire action for the planet.
If you are an independent video-maker, animator, part of a collective or video production company – large or small – the organizers want to see your projects!
Enter your 1 minute video responding to the 2022 brief, The Time to Act is Now!
You are invited to produce an inspirational video that urges viewers to take action on one or more of the issues highlighted in the eight chosen Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The organizers are looking for targeted and impactful short videos in the style of advertisements running at either 30 or 60 seconds long. Submissions can be varied in technique, subject matter, and approach, but most importantly they must be impossible to ignore.
Potential themes to inspire your creativity:
- Feature easy and compelling ways for individuals to take climate action and protect the planet
- Showcase innovative solutions to address a pressing environmental problem in your region
- Amplify moments of energy or inspiration in campaigns and activist groups pushing to act now for climate on the frontlines
- Rally viewers to appeal to world leaders to take urgent action toward net-zero emissions
- Combat climate misinformation by spreading accurate climate science
Winning entries will be showcased on the Sony Picture Television network, at the Picture This Festival and events held by the United National Foundation and the World Photography Organisation – plus more!
No Entry Fee!
It's free to enter.