Produktionszentrum Tanz + Performance is collaborating with Akademie Schloss Solitude to award a residency fellowship to contemporary dancers and performers.
In the context of TANZPAKT Stuttgart, the organizers call for contemporary dancers and performers who are not active as artists in the administrative district of Stuttgart.
Two residency fellowships are being awarded for 2021. One from January – June 2021, and the other from July – December 2021.
By inviting artists from all over the world to apply who are not active as artists in the administrative district of Stuttgart, the participating institutions seek to improve networking and collaboration in Stuttgart’s freelance dance scene, and to facilitate work on choreographic practice. Creating space for inquiry, research and artistic production is a further goal. Willingness to present one’s own work and interact with the Free Dance Scene in Stuttgart are prerequisites.
The fellowship awarded by Produktionszentrum Tanz + Performance and Akademie Schloss Solitude is a residential fellowship. The fellow will be required to spend at least two thirds of the fellowship period at the Akademie. The fellow will also be required to reside permanently in Stuttgart for the duration of the fellowship (obligation to register with the authorities).
The residency artist will benefit from the following:
- optional use of a rehearsal hall
- the option to lead the weekly professional training session at the Produktionszentrum Tanz + Performance, or to participate in this and other workshops
- a free, furnished studio apartment for living and working purposes, including electricity, water and heating at Akademie Schloss Solitude
- a monthly fellowship grant of 1,200 Euro
- a travel allowance of up to 700 Euro
- creative resources worth up to 3,500 Euro
Please send your application with letter of motivation, resume with key artistic data, portfolio with work samples and/or video links and possible project proposal in PDF format (max. 20 MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the official website for further information.