The Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD) invites designers from around the world to consider what ‘social good’ truly means and participate in the So(cial) Good Design Awards 2022 international design competition.
The Awards celebrate design’s undeniable power to incite meaningful action and make positive change.
Winners will receive recognition in the Awards Annual, on the RGD website and across RGD’s other communication channels, the DesignThinkers 2022 — Canada’s largest graphic design conference, an exhibit at the Vancouver Central Library from 28 May 2022 to 10 June 2022 and being presented at venues TBD across Canada and more.
The Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD) invites submissions of graphic design projects from around the world done under the theme of communication design for social good; work with the power to incite meaningful action and make positive change.
Participants are invited to submit communication design projects that champion the causes reflected in the 2022 awards categories, listed below.
- Arts & Culture — design projects that aid in the promotion of art and artists from sound, stage, and screen, from exhibition halls to public spaces
- Civil & Human Rights — design projects that aim to protect, defend and advance all people’s political and social freedoms and equality, especially among groups that have been historically under-represented and underserved
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion — design projects that support, protect, represent and uplift underrepresented groups of people
- Education — design projects that support learning and self-improvement
- Health, Well-being & Safety — design projects that raise awareness, fundraise, and/or research for particular health risks, diseases, or conditions and/or promote fitness and health
- Humanitarian Action & Services — design projects that focus on the prevention and relief of human suffering
- Sustainability, Ecology & Climate — design projects that focus on environmental conservation, improvement of the state of the environment and the conditions of all living things
- Cross-Category — design projects with broad impact that bridge multiple realms of social good
Eligible for submission are projects that were completed after 1 January 2017 up to 18 February 2022.
The Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD) is Canada’s largest professional Association for graphic design professionals, with 4,400 Members, including firm owners, freelancers, managers, in-house designers, educators and students. Through the RGD, Canadian designers exchange ideas, educate and inspire, set professional standards and build a strong, supportive community dedicated to advocating for the value of design.
RGD Social Good Design Awards 2022 – Entry Fees
All fees are listed in Canadian dollars and are subject to Ontario tax (13%).
- Student RGDs: $65
- Professional Members of RGD:
- $75 (1–3 entries)
- $60 (4 or more entries)
- Members of Partner Organizations
- $95 (1–3 entries)
- $75 (4 or more entries)
- $125 (1–3 entries)
- $95 (4 or more entries)
Provisional RGDs receive 1 free entry.
RGD Team Members receive 3 free entries.
Lower entry fees apply to entries submitted before 31 January 2022.