If you didn’t win in 2010’s Scuba Diving Photo Competition, here’s your shot at redemption. The 2011 Scuba Diving Photo Contest is now open for entries!
Enter your best images in any or all of the four categories – Macro, Wide-Angle, Behavior and, a new category for 2011, Divers – to win some amazing prizes and have your work featured in the August 2011 issue of Scuba Diving magazine.
The Grand Prize winner gets seven-night trip for two on the Dancer Fleet’s Sundancer II in Belize, plus $1,000 cash.
Enter your diving photos in one or all four categories including traditional Macro, Wide-Angle, and Behavior as well as a new category for this year: Divers.
A panel of judges consisting of Scuba Diving magazine editors will select the winning entries based equally upon the criteria of originality, skill, and relevance.
There will be one Grand Prize – a seven-night trip for two on the Dancer Fleet’s Sun Dancer II in Belize plus $1,000 cash (approximate retail value $5,005) – and lots of other prizes.
Additional prizes will be given in all four contest categories.
- 1st: A seven-night stay for two at Grand Cayman’s Compass Point Dive Resort with six days of two-tank diving with Ocean Frontiers
- 2nd: A Scubapro Litehawk BC, plus a $250 Reef Photo & Video gift card
- 1st: One-week stay for one in a Buddy Dive Resort studio, Bonaire, with unlimited shore diving
- 2nd: A SeaLife DC1200 and $250 Reef Photo & Video gift card
- 1st: A seven-night stay for two plus diving with Deep Blue Resort, Utila, during Deep Blue’s Whale Shark Research week
- 2nd: A Subgear Cayman regulator, plus a $250 Reef Photo & Video gift card
- 1st: Any 10-day/10-night trip to the Philippines or Indonesia on Worldwide Dive & Sail’s Philippine Siren, Indo Siren or Mandarin Siren
- 2nd: A Mares Abyss regulator, plus a $250 Reef Photo & Video gift card
- The Scuba Diving Photo Contest is open only to individuals, eighteen (18) years or older at time of entry, excluding residents of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, the province of Quebec, Sudan, Syria, and any other jurisdiction where this contest is prohibited.
- Each entry must be submitted on an individual basis (i.e., no team, joint, or corporate entries) and all components of the entry must be the original creation of the submitting participant.
- Submissions will not be accepted via email.
- Prints or slides will not be accepted as entries.
How to enter?
The easiest way to enter the 2011 Scuba Diving Photo Contest is online through the contest’s official entry form. However, there is also an option to submit your entries by mail.
To enter by mail, send your digital files, which must be submitted in jpeg or tiff format, no less than 300 dpi at 8.5 x 11 inches on CD-ROM, along with your entry fee toScuba Diving Photo Contest:
460 N. Orlando Avenue,
Entries must be received by 22 April 2011 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
The fee for each image uploaded is $10.