Now in its Eighth year, the Emirates Glass LEAF Awards honour the architects designing the buildings and solutions that are setting the benchmark for the international architectural community.
The awards are open to all individuals and organisations that have made an outstanding contribution to the world of architecture. Previous winners have included Zaha Hadid, David Chipperfield, SOM, Steven Holl and Terry Farrell.
All building projects completed between the 1st of January 2010 and the 15th of May 2011 are eligible for entry.
For display purposes, Arena International Events Group will produce each entry on A3 page to be produced in a standard format to ensure equality in the judging process.
For this Arena International Events Group requires the following:
- A 400-word overview of the project, including:
- Location and site characteristics
- Construction systems
- Any specific materials used for the project(s)
- A maximum of ten high-resolution images with captions. (Images should be sent as high resolution as possible, minimum 300dpi.)
- A high-resolution image of your logo (minimum 300dpi). Please supply the text in a Word document and images as .jpg documents.
The LEAF Awards 2011 will be announced at the LEAF Awards Gala Dinner, to be held in London on 16th September 2011.
Entries will be awarded in the following official categories:
- International Building of the Year 2011
- Mixed-Use Building of the Year
- Residential Building of the Year (single occupancy) / Residential Building of the Year (multiple occupancy)
- Commercial Building of the Year
- International Interior Design Award
- International Commercial + Public Interior Design of the Year 2011
- International Offsite Construction Project of the Year 2011
- Young Architect
- Best Structural Design of the Year
- Public Building
- Best Sustainable Technology Incorporated into a Building 2011
- Best Sustainable Development in keeping with its Environment
- The LEAF Awards are open to all architects, suppliers and other design professionals practicing internationally.
- All building projects completed between the 1 January 2010 and 15 May 2011 are eligible for entry.
- All entrants are encouraged to include copies of preliminary sketches, alternative preliminary schemes, information on context, precedents for the design and excerpts from working drawings.
- Each entry will receive a free one-year subscription to The LEAF Review.
How to enter?
Download the entry form and send it to: luisadevita [at] arena-international.com (please replace [at] with @).
- First entry: £250 (Inc VAT+ 2.5% service charge)
- Additional entry: £200 (Inc VAT+ 2.5% service charge)
- Young Architect Award: £50 (Inc VAT+ 2.5% service charge)