The NARS Juried Solo Exhibition Program provides emerging and underrepresented national and international artists with the opportunity to present a solo exhibition at the NARS Gallery in New York.
The NARS Juried Solo Exhibition Program strives to present the most innovative and compelling artwork being produced today.
The aim of the program is to foster new dialogue and to create a forum for young artists to experiment and exchange ideas with a wider audience. An exhibition will be scheduled between the months of March to April 2012.
Select your best artwork and submit it together with a proposal and supporting materials.
The artist must present a strong cohesive body of work produced within the last five years. If accepted, only the artwork included in the proposal will be considered for the exhibition.
The program provides one selected artist with space, curatorial and administrative support for a solo exhibition. An exhibition will be scheduled between the months of March to April 2012.
The NARS Foundation will provide insurance for the artwork during the term of the exhibition and administrative support including: postcard invitations, email invites, public relations, and promotion. An opening reception with an artist talk will also be arranged for the exhibition.
- The NARS Juried Solo Exhibition program encourages and welcomes the participation of artists from all backgrounds and does not discriminate with regard to age, race, sex, sexual orientation, disability, religion, marital status, or nation of origin.
- All the artwork must be available for the entire term of the exhibition.
- All artwork must be ready for hanging (suitably framed and/or wired for hanging), and sculptors may be required to supply pedestals.
- The artist is responsible for transporting/shipping all the artwork to and from the gallery, as well as installing the exhibition in a timely manner.
- All equipment, labor, tools, and materials needed for installation will be the responsibility of the artist.
How to enter?
Applicants must submit a completed application form including a detailed exhibition proposal, a printed copy of the artist’s resume /C.V. and the following information on a CD or DVD by 15 September 2011. Please note that this is not a postmark date.
Application and support materials should be sent to:NARS Foundation
88 35th Street, 3rd Floor
Brooklyn, New York 11232, U.S.A.
Attn: Exhibitions Coordinator
A non-refundable application fee of $35 (US) is required with each application.