The Print Center is pleased to announce the 96th Annual International Competition, open to all artists using Photography and/or Printmaking as critical components in their work.
The intention is to highlight local, national and international artists who utilize photography and printmaking in new and intriguing ways, both in content and process.
Three of the Finalists will be selected by The Print Center’s curator to receive solo exhibitions at The Print Center (January–March 2022) along with a honorarium. Portfolios of work from the Finalists and Semifinalists will be presented digitally at The Print Center during the Solo Exhibitions and permanently online on The Print Center’s website. Several other awards will be announced as well.
Artists whose work pushes the boundaries of traditional photographic and printmaking practices are encouraged to enter.
Work submitted must have been completed in the last three years. Up to five images may be submitted and only one submission per person is allowed.
A wide variety of exhibition, museum acquisition, cash and material prizes are provided by supporters of the Annual to be awarded to Semifinalists and Finalists, including:
- Three Solo Exhibitions at The Print Center (Finalists only)
- Stinnett Philadelphia Museum of Art Collection Award
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts Purchase Award
- Art Museum of West Virginia University Purchase Award
- Fish/Pearce Award ($500)
- Callan/McNamara Award ($500)
- Stockbridge Fine Art Printing Award ($250 value)
- The Print Center Honorary Council Award of Excellence
- Two-year Print Center Gallery Store Contract
- Numerous additional cash and material prizes awards
The Print Center’s Annual is one of the oldest and most prestigious competitions in the United States.
The Print Center 96th Annual International Competition – Entry Fee
Each entry costs $35. Entries can only be submitted online.