The Trieste Contemporanea Committee announces the ninth edition of the International Design Competition Trieste Contemporanea, with the aim of promoting the most original expressions of design from the countries of Central-Eastern Europe.
In a global context of crisis characterized by economic instability and by the inefficiency or inadequacy of the political world to resolve the major social issues, in which the lack of attention to the value of the individual and the environment emerges, the following is requested: the design of a pocket lucky charm/talisman to carry in all situations that require a vibration of “positivity”, of altruistic courage, of critical spirit, of creativity and of necessary irony.
Design a pocket lucky charm/talisman to carry in all situations that require a vibration of “positivity”, of altruistic courage, of critical spirit, of creativity and of necessary irony.
The project registered for the competition must be composted of no more than 3 plates in jpg or pdf format, in format A3 and of a resolution not inferior to 300 dpi; it must include a text of presentation/description in English and/or Italian (max. 1500 strockes including spaces) to be inserted directly in the application form. The projects must contain all the necessary information for the realization of the object.
Projects will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- originality and formal quality of the proposed object
- creativity and/or innovativeness of the proposed function
- completeness and clarity of the work presented
- Beba Prize for the youngest designer among those selected: €1000.
- C.E.I. Prize for the best designer from one of the C.E.I. countries not part of the European Union: €3000.
- Gillo Dorfles Prize – Trieste Contemporanea Design 2010 for the best project: €4000.
The awards ceremony will take place in Trieste at the opening of the scheduled conclusive exhibition. The awarded designers will be invited to collect the prize in Trieste, with expenses paid by the organizing Committee.
- The competition is open to all designers born in countries adhering to the C.E.I. (Albania, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Ukraine) as well as Estonia, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania and Turkey.
- Groups should be composed only of participants born in the countries listed above.
- The design of the object has to be of formal contemporary quality; the contestant will have to conceive it in a size suitable to be carried in a pocket, and can be designed to be made of any material.
- All projects presented are to be new and developed expressly for the International Design Competition Trieste Contemporanea.
- Projects submitted to the Committee by means other than online registration will not be considered.
- The designers who will be chosen by the jury will be contacted at the end of the jury’s work, which is estimated to be by the end of September, and at that time they will be able to present any final useful integration to their project (prototypes, images or videos of real or digital prototypes, etc.), according to deadlines and indications which will be defined directly to the selected contestants.
How to enter?
Register on the official website and submit your entries.