Videoex 2011 – the international experimental film and video festival will be held in Zurich at Kunstraum Walcheturm and Cinema Z3, from 21 – 29 May 2011.
The festival will present an international competition and a wide range of thematic programs. Cooperations with other exhibition sites in Zurich are planned.
You are invited to submit your works for the international and the Swiss competition.
The purpose of the Videoex Festival is to promote video and experimental film works.
Videoex is looking for:
- experimental films (35mm / 16mm / 8mm),
- videos (experimental, videoart, essay,….)
- innovative animations,
- experimental digital & graphic productions (to be screened),
- experimental documentaries & innovative music videos.
The festival will make a choice based on criteria of quality and originality in both, form and content.
Videoex 2011 will include an international and a Swiss competition with a total prize amount of 4,000 Swiss francs.
- To take part of the competition participants must submit a preview copy of their work.
- Participants may submit a maximum of 3 works.
- Only works produced after 1 October 2009 are applicable.
- The following screening formats are accepted for the competition:
- 35mm, 16mm, S8mm films
- Digibeta (PAL)
- HD Files, Blueray Disc,
- Beta SP (PAL/SECAM)
- HDV-, DVCAM (PAL/NTSC)
- Mini-DV (PAL/NTSC) / DVD
- S-VHS (PAL only) / VHS (PAL/NTSC)
- Maximum duration is 50 min (exceptions may apply).
- No feature films will be accepted.
- All entrants will be notified by 15 April 2011.
How to enter?
Each preview copy must be accompanied by a printed and filled out entry form and the author’s video / filmography in German, French, Italian or English.
The entries must be posted no later then the 30 January 2011 (postmark) to the address below.Videoex Festival
Shipment must be declared as:
”art work for cultural purpose only” “no commercial value” Maximum value 2 USD !!
(Otherwise Videoex will not be able to accept the package.)