The 2021 Bow Seat Ocean Awareness Student Contest, themed: Water Rising, has opened for entry to participants worldwide.
The Contest challenges students to explore and understand their connection to water, and to creatively communicate the need to protect this vital resource and life-sustaining relationship. What are the stories we need to tell about water to sustain and conserve it for current and future generations of life on Earth?
More than $5,000 will be awarded in 2021, in total. Gold, Silver and Bronze Award winners, as well as Honorable Mention winners will be announced in each contest division. Several other special awards will be announced as well.
Submissions, either group or individual, are accepted in:
- Visual Art
- Creative Writing
- Interactive & Multimedia
- Performing Arts: Music & Dance
- Poetry & Spoken Word
Submissions are judged based on:
- How well they address the annual theme of the Contest
- Artistic voice, originality, and imagination
- Craftsmanship, including quality, technique, attention to detail, and accuracy of communicating issues
- Meeting the Contest submission requirements (such as length, file type, etc.)
Bow Seat, a nonprofit organization based in Massachusetts, USA, provides an innovative space for teens to connect, create, and communicate for our ocean. Working at the intersection of ocean science and arts education, our award-winning programming emphasizes creative thinking and making in exploring the natural world.