World Festival of Animated Film – Animafest Zagreb invites submissions for the 32nd edition of the Festival, taking place 7–12 June 2021 in Zagreb, Croatia.
Festival’s submissions are open to films applying all animation techniques, including combinations with live action and documentary. Films should be completed after 1 January 2021 and should have not been entered for previous editions of the Festival.
Animafest 2022 has six (6) main competition categories and the total prize fund amounts to 10,500 Euro — of which 2,500 Euro are reserved for the Grand Prix award — awarded to both short and feature films.
The 2022 competition includes the following categories:
- Short Films
- Short Film Competition
- Student Film Competition — films produced at educational institution
- Films for Children Competition
- Croatian Film Competition — films whose majority producer is Croatian and/or films by Croatian directors
- Feature Films — minimum running time 40 minutes
- Feature Film Competition
- VR/360/Interactive Projects
- VR Animation Competition — open to immersive works (created for the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive or Samsung Gear VR) that include animation as the main component
The list of films selected for the competition and world panorama programs will be announced on the Festival’s official website not later than 1 April 2022. All applicants will be notified regarding the selection results.
Each director whose film is selected for the official festival program will be contacted by the Festival management for hospitality arrangements.
- 1 February 2022 — for short films in all categories
- 15 March 2022 — for feature films and VR projects
About Animafest Zagreb
Since its establishment in 1972, Animafest Zagreb and its competitions, retrospectives, presentations, exhibitions, pitching forums lectures, awards, panoramas, workshops and all other additional events have consistently influenced and greatly contributed to their city’s artistic life, as well as promotion of animation art throughout the world.