Akademie Schloss Solitude is happy to announce the start of the call for applications for its international and transdisciplinary artist-in-residence-program for 2024 to 2026.
This wide-ranging fellowship program promotes the interrelationship of art and science across all disciplines and fields of practice. Its unique model affords artists and scientists valuable freedom to develop their work and perform research in both a physical and digital context. Residencies at Akademie Schloss Solitude enable fellows to devote themselves to their research projects under favorable material and intellectual conditions.
For the 19th time, around 65 residencies of six to twelve months will be awarded.
International artists, scientists, and cultural professionals are invited to apply for fellowships in the addressed spheres of practice.
- VISUAL (visual arts and media),
- AURAL & PHYSICAL (music and performing arts),
- DIGITAL (digital art, gaming, digital journalism, digital publishing),
- SPATIAL (architecture and design),
- TEXTUAL (literature and language),
- SOCIETAL (education, mediation, theory),
- SCIENTIFIC (humanities, social, natural and economic sciences.
The Solitude fellowship is a residential fellowship. Fellows are obliged to spend at least two thirds of their fellowships at the Akademie.
The fellowship includes the following benefits:
- A free, furnished living/working studio including electricity, water and heating,
- A monthly fellowship grant of 1,200 Euro,
- Travel expenses for arrival and departure (on a one-time basis).
Please find detailed application instructions on the official website.
Akademie Schloss Solitude Fellowships 2024-2026 – Application Fee
The application fee for all applicants from industrial countries is 15 Euro.