The Call for Entries for the American Society of Landscape Architects’ 2013 Professional & Student Awards has been opened.
Each year, the ASLA Professional Awards honor the best in landscape architecture from around the globe, while the ASLA Student Awards give us a glimpse into the future of the profession.
Award recipients receive featured coverage in Landscape Architecture Magazine, the magazine of ASLA, and in many other design and construction industry and general interest media. Award recipients, their clients, and advisors will be honored at the awards presentation ceremony during the ASLA Annual Meeting and EXPO in Boston, 15–18 November, 2013.
The Call for Entries for the ASLA 2013 Professional & Student Awards Has Been Opened
Landscape architectural designs are being accepted in the following categories:
- General Design – site-specific works of landscape architecture;
- Residential Design – site-specific works of landscape architecture for residential use;
- Analysis and Planning – the wide variety of professional activities that lead to, guide, and evaluate landscape architecture design;
- Communications – achievements in communicating landscape architecture works, techniques, technologies, history, or theory, and the lesson value to an intended audience;
- Research – research that identifies and investigates challenges posed in landscape architecture, providing results that advance the body of knowledge for the profession;
- The Landmark Award – a distinguished landscape architecture project completed between 15 and 50 years ago that retains its original design integrity and contributes significantly to the public realm of the community in which it is located;
- The Student Community Service Award – pro bono community service by students demonstrating sound principles and values of landscape architecture;
- Student Collaboration – collaborative work by landscape architecture students with students from allied and/or complementary disciplines, including those in other design fields, business, and the natural and social sciences, for example.
Please consider that entry forms and payment must be received by:
- Friday, 8 February 2013, for Professional Awards
- Friday, 26 April 2013, for Student Awards
International entries cost $50 per entry. Student entries cost $20 per entry for ASLA Members and $70 per entry for Non-members.