Many film competitions out there have the same goal: bringing filmmakers together to create a community of people who can work together in the future. However, the one thing they don’t do is make you work together now.
The Collaboration Film Challenge was set up to bring together filmmakers to work together, creating community through the creation of films.
A Grand prize of $5000 will be awarded in this competition in June.
Creating Filmmakers Communities for Future Projects
The Collaboration Filmmaker’s Challenge (CFC) will take place over two weeks, each running from Tuesday to Tuesday. The two weeks will proceed according to a specified agenda, to include:
- Four days of conceptualizing and development for all filmmakers prior to the start of the two filmmaking weeks.
- Two weeks of collaborative filmmaking, in which each filmmaker will spend one week producing his/her film and one week collaborating on another participant’s film.
And here is a complete listing of available prizes in Collaboration Filmmaker’s Challenge competition.
- Jury Selection – GRAND PRIZE
- $5000 award (to be split as follows: $3500 for lead filmmaker, $1500 for his/her assigned collaborator)
- Free registration in next year’s competition for filmmaker and collaborator
- A seat on next year’s jury panel for the filmmaker
- Audience Selection
- $1500 award (to be split as follows: $1200 for lead filmmaker, $300 for his/her collaborator)
- Free registration in next year’s competition for lead filmmaker
- Key Collaborator Award
- $1500 award to individual with highest collaboration point total (split in the event of a tie between the number of tie-holders
Please visit the official website (see below) or contact the organizers for further info.
There is a one time $35 registration fee to enter the contest. If you register before Friday, 4 May 2012, you’ll get a $10 discount.