Laka Foundation is accepting entries for the Design Educates Awards (DtEA) 2021 competition, that recognizes the best ideas and implementations of architecture and design that can educate.
The Design Educates Awards showcase and promote the awarded designs globally. The design itself may provide an informative and educational layer that guides us through the increasing complexity of our environment. The objects in our surroundings can communicate important values and guide us through desirable, positive practices.
Each year, the esteemed panel of judges selects the outstanding ideas and implementations in the categories of architectural design, product design, universal design, and responsive design.
The awards are a multidisciplinary call for ideas and implementations in the categories of:
- architectural design
- product design
- universal design, and
- responsive design
Entries will be evaluated based on the criteria of the overall idea and implementation, the potential of the educational influence of the submitted design, the effectiveness and quality of the informative layer, aesthetics, the quality of presentation, visionary approach, originality, feasibility, and comprehensiveness.
The awards are open to everyone. Participants can submit multiple designs in the same category, multiple designs in different categories, or a single design in more than one category, and in teams or individually.
Winners will be awarded:
- Certificates for all laureates;
- Participation in exhibition and award ceremony;
- Press packages (logotypes & banners);
- Promotion within the group of Media Sponsors and Media Supporters of the awards (and beyond!);
- Financial awards for participants of student categories (1250 USD: Winner of Emerging designer, Net values after taxation: 1000 USD).
The awards ceremony will take place during the Architecture in Foyer 2021 conference at the Solarlux Campus in Germany (Melle, Lower Saxony, Germany) on 22 & 23 April 2021.
- Early registration — until 1 October 2020
- Regular registration — until 1 January 2021
- Late registration — until 1 February 2021
Design Educates Awards (DtEA) 2021 – Fees
- Companies: Early: from $175; Regular: from $250; Late: from $300
- Individual professional: Early: $150; Regular: $200; Late: $250
- Team of students: Early: $75; Regular: $100; Late: $125
- Individual student: Early: $50; Regular: $75; Late: $100