The MakeDox International Creative Documentary Film Festival has opened submissions for 2020 and calls all filmmakers around the world to participate in its competition programs.
Documentary films of all running times are eligible for submission. Topics, style and production technologies are not limited.
For this 11th edition of the Festival, winning films will be selected in four competition categories.
The MakeDox 2020 festival program includes the following sections:
- Onion — for Best Film in the Main Competition Program
- Young Onion — for Best Film by first or second-time director
- Onion Seed — for Best Short Film
- Sliced Onion — for Best Student Film
- Moral Approach — for the film with best ethical approach
The Festival focuses on creating a stimulating environment for the exchange of experience and knowledge of documentary creation and promotion of films with cinematographic quality, offering the creative point of view of an author, both in terms of content as well as in form. Priority is given to national, regional and foreign premieres.
MakeDox is organized by the citizen’s association MakeDox. The 2020 festival is scheduled for 19-26 August, 2020 in Skopje, North Macedonia.
MakeDox 2020 – Entry Fees
The early bird deadline is 1st February 2020 and entry fees are discounted for submissions before it expires.
- Earlybird deadline (from 21st of December 2019 till 1st of February 2020)
- Main Competition Program: $17
- Newcomer Program: $12
- Short Program: $7
- Student Program: $5
- Regular deadline (from 1st of February 2020 till 15th of April 2020)
- Main Competition Program: $25
- Newcomer Program: $20
- Short Program: $15
- Student Program: $10
- Late deadline (from 15th of April 2020 till 5th of May 2020)
- Main Competition Program: $30
- Newcomer Program: $25
- Short Program: $20
- Student Program: $15