Sister Cities International is calling for entries for the 2011 Showcase: Shaping Your Community for a Greener Future. Hundreds of artists have shared their talent with the sister cities community over the past 20 years.
The 2011 theme Shaping Your Community for a Greener Future is an opportunity for you to utilize recycled materials or other 2D media to illustrate the ways you, your community, or your sister city are working to protect the local environment.
Your artwork may highlight a problem, issue, or solution important to you, your community, or the world at-large. You must be between 13 and 18 years of age to enter.
Only two-dimensional artwork, no larger than 24” x 30” (60cm x 75cm), including matting is accepted. Watercolor, oils, pastels, pen and ink, charcoal, photography, two-dimensional mixed media, as well as computer generated art, are all acceptable media.
- Entries that use copyrighted or trademarked images will not be accepted.
- Entries must not be plagiarized, stolen, or copied from any other source.
- Entries from previous years will not be accepted.
- Entries must not defame or invade the rights of any person, living or dead.
- Entries not adhering to these guidelines will not be considered.
- 10 Finalists will be selected from the total entries.
- These 10 pieces of art will be displayed at the 2011 Youth Conference in Eugene, or and will then begin its international tour to local sister city programs.
- From the 10 winning works, one U.S. artist and one international artist will be selected as overall winners. Each will be awarded a complimentary registration for the 2011 Youth Leadership Conference in Eugene, OR, along with $1,000 toward airfare to the conference or as a cash prize.
- Each participating student artist must be between 13 and 18 years of age at the time the entries are due on 29 April 2011.
- All entries must be the original design and artwork of the entrant.
- Only new pieces inspired by the theme should be submitted.
- The number of art entries a sister city community may present is limited to one piece from the local sister city community and one from each of their sister city partners.
- Only artwork submitted by a sister city will be accepted. Contact Laura Giroux, Membership Manager at lgiroux [at] sister-cities.org (please replace [at] with @) if you are unsure if your city is part of the Sister Cities network.
How to enter?
Each entry must be sent with a completed official entry form and the appropriate fee to the following address:Sister Cities International
Young Artists Showcase
1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Suite 850
Washington D.C. 20004
There is a $50 entry fee for each piece of artwork.