Silpakorn University is honored to annually proceed Prince Naris Day in honor of this master artist and craftsman in order to promote creativity and innovation in the photo graphic arts which has experienced tremendous growth in recent years by technological development and global trends.
This year, the University accordingly arranges the 9th International Photographic Contest on the theme of “Change” in the Commemoration of Prince Naris Day 2013.
The theme of the contest is “Change” and all photographic entries must reflect the concept of “Change”. Photographs in the form of color film, black and white film and digital images are being accepted from all Thais and all foreign nationals.
The 9th International Photographic Contest of “Change” in the Commemoration of Prince Naris Day 2013
“Change” could be defined in general term as to make a difference in the state or condition of a thing or to substitute another state or condition. In many aspects, its functions and perceptions could be diversified, for example, to exchange for something else, to transfer from one to another, to make the form, nature or content of something different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone, e.g. to change one’s mind, change one’s opinion. To become different, to become altered or modified, to become transformed or converted, e.g. colors change if they are exposed to the sun, summer changes to autumn, his face changes into red, change hands (to pass from one owner to another), change a plan, even to change off (to take turns with another),or to pass on one phase to the following one.
Each photographic entry must have been newly taken and must never have been exhibited in public and awarded in any contests.
Photographs will not be divided into categories. All submissions will be selected and judged on the basis of artistic merit.
The following awards will be announced in February 2013:
- 1 Grand Prize – The winner will receive 80,000 Baht in cash (approximately 2000 Euro) with the certificate and the H.R.H. Prince Narisaranuvattivongse medal of distinction;
- 5 Prize Winners – Each winner will receive 25,000 Baht in cash (approximately 630 Euro) with the certificate and the H.R.H. Prince Narisaranuvattivongse medal of distinction;
- 10 Honorable Mentions – Each winner will receive 5,000 Baht in cash (approximately 120 Euro) with the certificate and the H.R.H. Prince Narisaranuvattivongse medal of distinction;
- Supporting Prizes (Epson Awards) reserved for Thai contestants only:
- Supporting First Prize: Epson Stylus Photo Printer R2000, equivalent to 33,000 Baht
- Supporting Second Prizes: Epson Stylus Photo Printer 1390, equivalent to 16,900 Baht
A photographic exhibition will be held at Silpakorn University Art Gallery, Silpakorn University, Wang Tha Phra Campus, Bangkok, Thailand between 25 April to 6 May 2013.
For further info, please download the entry form from the official website.